Monday, August 01, 2011

Blah, blah, blah

I've been writing again, playing with ideas, getting a few things down on paper, looking at it an hour later and ripping out the page. I'm frustrated. A story is brewing, waiting to come out, but I haven't found the main hook yet and it's pissing me off now. It's times like this I miss the safety and camaraderie of the MA. It gave a structure to writing by working alongside people who want to achieve similar things, and the group was helpful when debating storylines. Their input would be really useful about now as I'm trapped in a house filled with Katie Ffordes, Tricia Ashleys and Erica James, good writers in their genre but not the sort of book I enjoy. I attempted read one recently and had to stop after counting thirty five exclamation marks in the first sixty pages. It made me very sad.

So anyways, I have an idea. And the protagonist's name. It's a start.

No comments:

Post a Comment